Making and Canning Sliced Mushrooms
Click here to find out more about our
Technical Guide, If I Can, You Can!™
It will provide you with simple, step-by-
step instructions for home canning, and
is illustrated using photographs.
Make certain that you only can domestic mushrooms that
are certified as safe. Make certain there is no discoloration
and that the caps are unopened.
weights are always approximated..
|Pressure Canner Processing
- Calculate total ingredients desired using our conversion chart.
- Only use perfect mushrooms for canning.
- Trim stems and soak mushrooms for ten minutes.
- Wash in clean water.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Boil covered in water for five minutes.
- Drain and reserve water for canning.
- Canning using hot pack method with 1” of headspace, and then adding boiling water,
maintaining 1" headspace.
- Processing with a Pressure Canner 45 minutes for half-pints or pints, at 11 pounds, or
10 pounds for a weighted gauge.
- For elevations above 1,000 foot level see Altitude Time Adjustments.
- After processing, remove from boiling water and place the jars on a towel, separated
by 1” to cool naturally.
- Labeling and Storing
Follow jar and cap manufacturer's
recommendations and instructions and visit
their websites for updates on a regular basis.
A Simple Approach to Preserving Homemade Foods
This file is not intended to be viewed directly using a web browser. To create a viewable file, use the Preview in Browser or Publish to Yahoo! Web Hosting commands from within Yahoo! SiteBuilder.