Making and Canning Broccoli Soup
Broccoli soup is easy to can at home using this recipe and procedure. Be
careful when canning broccoli, as it tends to lose its color and can turn grey
if overcooked. Follow these instructions carefully to avoid discoloring.
weights are always approximated..
|Pressure Canner Processing
- Calculate total ingredients using our conversion chart.
- Clean, peel and finely chop broccoli.
- Bring chicken stock to a simmer and add broccoli.
- Simmer covered until tender, or about 5 - 8 minutes.
- Puree directly in the pan using a very good hand mixer or using a food processor.
- Add salt and lemon juice.
A Simple Approach to Preserving Homemade Foods
Follow jar and cap manufacturer's recommendations and instructions
and visit their websites for updates on a regular basis.
about our Technical Guide,
provide you with simple,
step-by-step instructions for
home canning, illustrated
This file is not intended to be viewed directly using a web browser. To create a viewable file, use the Preview in Browser or Publish to Yahoo! Web Hosting commands from within Yahoo! SiteBuilder.