Making and Canning Chicken Soup
It's easy to make home canned chicken soup using this recipe and procedure.
You may add some diced carrots or celery to this recipe as desired and sauté
them with the onions in step 4.
|Chicken, with fat and skin
removed, as desired.
|Onion or Leek, diced
|Pressure Canner Processing
- Calculate total ingredients desired using our conversion chart.
- Using a large pot, sauté chicken in olive oil until cooked in batches, or bake chicken in
oven. Meanwhile, heat water in a separate pot.
- After all chicken pieces are cooked, remove skin and debone. Meanwhile, sauté onions
in olive oil.
- Add chicken pieces along with the onion to the pot with salt, pepper and bay leaves
and bring to a simmer.
- Add hot water and simmer for 25 minutes more.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Skim fat while Canning using hot pack method with 1” of headspace.
- Processing with a Pressure Canner 75 minutes for pints, or 90 minutes for quarts, at 11
pounds of pressure, or 10 pounds for a weighted gauge.
- For elevations above 1,000 foot level see Altitude Time Adjustments.
- Labeling and Storing
A Simple Approach to Preserving Homemade Foods
Follow jar and cap manufacturer's recommendations and instructions
and visit their websites for updates on a regular basis.
Click here to find out more
about our Technical Guide,
If I Can, You Can!™ It will
provide you with simple,
step-by-step instructions for
home canning, illustrated
This file is not intended to be viewed directly using a web browser. To create a viewable file, use the Preview in Browser or Publish to Yahoo! Web Hosting commands from within Yahoo! SiteBuilder.