Making and Canning Chicken Stock
Home canned chicken stock is easy to make and can at home using this
recipe. This is a quick method for making chicken stock that you may can
in either pints or quarts.
|Chicken pieces, excluding breasts
cut into 2" pieces.
|Pressure Canner Processing
- Calculate total ingredients desired using our conversion chart.
- Using a large pot, sauté chicken in olive oil until browned in batches. Meanwhile, heat
water in a separate pot.
- After all chicken pieces are browned, add all chicken pieces along with the onion to the
pot with salt and bay leaves and return to a simmer.
- Simmer meat until juices run or about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Add hot water and simmer for 25 minutes more.
- Skim fat and strain while Canning using hot pack method with 1” of headspace as done
in Video 5.
- Processing with a Pressure Canner 20 minutes for pints, or 25 minutes for quarts, at 11
pounds of pressure.
- For elevations above 1,000 foot level see Altitude Time Adjustments.
- Labeling and Storing
A Simple Approach to Preserving Homemade Foods
Follow jar and cap manufacturer's recommendations and instructions
and visit their websites for updates on a regular basis.
Click here to find out more
about our Technical Guide,
If I Can, You Can!™ It will
provide you with simple,
step-by-step instructions for
home canning, illustrated
This file is not intended to be viewed directly using a web browser. To create a viewable file, use the Preview in Browser or Publish to Yahoo! Web Hosting commands from within Yahoo! SiteBuilder.